The summaries in Passing Time in the Loo, Vols 1, 2, Vol 3, plus Passing Time in the Loo Shakespeare, provide an invaluable introduction to the classics – plus many timeless quotations and useful facts. Between them the volumes contain more than 300 summaries of well-known books – the books you wish you’d read but never had time to read.
ACCORDING TO RESEARCH, PEOPLE WHO READ SUMMARIES REMEMBER MORE FOR LONGER.
Summaries are a valid way to get overviews and details.
Read more about the value of summaries – and speed reading
Buy ebook summaries on Kindle
Passing Time in the Loo, Book Summaries, Vol 1
Passing Time in Loo, Book Summaries, Vol 2
Passing Time in Loo, Book Summaries, Vol 3
Buy Shakespeare – Summaries ebook or download a sample of Shakespeare – Summaries to your Kindle on your iPhone or BlackBerry or PC / Mac
To buy the hard copy of ‘Passing Time in the Loo – Book Summaries’, go to www.scarabbooks.com
Why read summaries?
Summaries are one of the best ways of gaining knowledge – reading summaries is often more beneficial than reading the original book.
• save time – in the time it takes to read one full book, you can read several summary versions
• give access to books you wouldn’t otherwise read (those books you’d like to have read, without actually wanting to read them)
• give the overview of a subject which is what your brain needs in order to learn
• are the quickest way to become educated
• help you remember: research shows that people remember more after reading a summary than after reading the book (makes sense – there’s less to remember) Read more on the research on summaries
• give you the essence – someone else has done the hard work of synthesising the information (which you would have to do with the original book)
• give access to difficult information – or badly written, badly presented information
• provide knowledge in bite-sized chunks
• are ideal for reading in queues, on trains etc, when it can be challenging to concentrate on reading in depth
• act as ‘trailers’ for the original books if you decide you want to read them later
• serve as reminders for books you’ve ‘read’ but forgotten
• master speed reading – Download a FREE summary of 37 speed reading techniques ‘Spd Rdng – The Speed Reading Bible’
Download books to your iPhone or BlackBerry (and your Mac or PC)
You can read all your ebooks on your Mac and iPhone (without buying the Kindle device). It’s available as a free download Kindle for Mac (Kindle for PC) and Kindle for iPhone and Kindle For BlackBerry. To read ebooks on iPhone you need to download Kindle App for iPhone. To buy ebooks for Kindle you’d need to have Amazon.com account – which you can set up with your UK address. And if you still love buying hard copies of books – you can do it with just one click with Kindle Mobile App UK – you’ll love it. Be warned it’s very addictive and can be expensive. We recommend to preview the books before you buy them – now it’s possible to download a sample of all books bought on Kindle. Download a sample of Shakespeare – Summaries to your Kindle on your iPhone or BlackBerry or PC / Mac
Download Kindle apps for Mac, PC, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry, iPad